Volunteers at J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital help those in need, provide support and services that might not otherwise be available to patients. The volunteer program is designed with flexibility and is organized to allow community members (age 14 and older) to work in many areas of the Hospital.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Greeting patients and visitors at the Information Desk
- Serving as liaisons for surgical patients and families
- Escorting patients and visitors
- Transporting patients
- Delivering mail and flowers
- Working in the dietary, marketing and emergency departments
- Assisting nursing staff and patients on medical/surgical unit
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of special events.
If you have questions, or for more information, call the Volunteer Office at J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital at (814) 643-8833.
Students wishing to career shadow at J.C. Blair can do so by completing the Career Shadowing Application form. Shadowers will be required to provide proof of current immunizations, including the flu vaccine, and sign a statement of confidentiality. For questions, contact Holli Smith at (814) 643-8833 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.