J.C. Blair's Wound Healing staff offers a multidisciplinary approach to wound management. Our specially trained physicians, nurses and therapists work together to design
innovative treatment programs specifically for your needs.
If you have a wound that has not healed, consider seeking help from the Wound Healing Center at J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital, dedicated to the treatment of chronic, non-healing wounds. Our staff is committed to identifying the specific causes of these conditions and initiating a treatment plan that is designed specifically for your needs.
The methods used by the Center have been successful in healing wounds that others thought hopeless, including many that might have required amputation.
In this Outpatient Clinic, located right on the ground floor of J.C. Blair Hospital, patients receive state-of-the-art, customized treatment of wounds that have resisted healing despite months, or even years of conventional treatment.
You may be in need of specialized wound care if you suffer from any of the following conditions:
- Any wound which has failed to show signs of healing for more than 30 days
- Any wound which has not responded to previous treatments or therapies
- Post-operative infections
- Slow or non-healing surgical wounds
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Lower leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Chronic Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Skin Tears or lacerations
- Radiation and minor burns
- Insect or dog bites
Wound Healing Assessment and Treatments
J.C. Blair's Wound Healing Center offers a variety of specialized treatments, including:
- Doppler Evaluation of Pulses: Determines blood flow available to transport nutrients and medications to the wound.
- Skin Perfusion Pressure and Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring (TcP02): Determines the level of oxygenation available to the wound to promote healing.
- Wound Debridement: An outpatient procedure that enhances the growth of healthy tissues in the wound
- Wound Dressings: Each wound care product is chosen based on the needs of the patient. The proper dressing promotes the correct environment the body requires to heal.
We invite you to call
J.C. Blair's Wound Healing Center
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (814) 643-8367