- Social workers are available to help patients and their families with the problems and decisions that often accompany or follow an illness.
- The staff works with the patient, hospital staff and other professionals in discharge planning which may include home health care, referrals to community agencies, nursing home placement, and other services.
- The staff can assist with clarification of insurance benefits and applications for disability benefits through Social Security and prescription drug assistance.
- Services are provided free-of-charge.
- Counseling is available for families suffering a loss or if a member of their family is in critical condition.
Phone: (814) 643-8778
Additional services may also be available by contacting Behavioral Health Services at (814) 643-8880.