Welcome to the Outpatient Infusion/Injection Center at J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital!
The Outpatient Infusion Center is able to provide services to people requiring:
- intravenous infusions
- blood and platelet transfusions
- central line dressing changes
- central line and implanted port lab collections
- PICC line insertions
Other services the staff provides includes:
- urine specimen collections from straight catheterizations or foley insertions
- teaching self-injection of medication
- teaching diabetes self-management
- laser eye procedure assistance
We offer a seven-bed infusion center with comfortable reclining chairs or beds for your comfort. Under the direction of a physician and registered nurse, our experienced nurses are focused on providing your care. Our infusion center also offers warm blankets, pillow, television with cable TV and wireless connection for those individuals who wish to bring wireless devices. Beverages and snacks are provided at no cost. Our cafeteria and vending machines are located nearby if you would llike something more. Visitors may wait in our comfortable wating room or at your bedside, if the center is not too busy.
Our Outpatient Infusion Center is centrally located on the ground floor of the hospital. Park in the large parking lot and enter through the Main Entrance. You will be pre-registered so you can come directly to the Center at your scheduled infusion time. All necessary forms will be completed in the Center.
Hours of operation are 7:30 am to 4 pm. Weekends are available for scheduled antibiotic treatments. We make every effort to start your appointment on time. The nurse will assess you before we can prepare your infusion. While we are carefully preparing your infusion, you may relax, read, watch TV or use our internet or enjoy a light snack.
A few things to consider when preparing for your Outpatient Infusion treatment:
- A physician order is required for all appointments in the Outpatient Infusion Center.
- One family member or friend is welcome to stay or we can provide an estimated time of completion for their return to pick you up.
- Children are discouraged from visiting patients in the treatment area due to safety, infection, and other patient concerns. Child care is not available.
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. Weekends, as needed.
Medical Director: Keith Sutton, M.D.
Clinical Director: Linda Gibbs, R.N.
Phone: (814) 643-8537
Fax: (814) 643-7065
Questions? Call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org