Wholesome, nourishing and well-balanced meals are an important part of any patient’s treatment and recovery. The hospital food and nutrition staff makes every effort to provide nutritious meals that are prepared according to the doctor’s orders and directed by a registered dietitian.
Patients can meet with food and nutrition staff to discuss dietary choices and menus when needed. At the request of your physician, a consultation with a registered dietitian is available for any patient.
Patients are served breakfast beginning at 8:00 am, lunch at 12:00 noon and dinner at 5:00 pm. Please note that occasionally a meal may be delayed if patient is scheduled for a special test or treatment. Whenever possible, meals will be served after a test or examination.
- Patients may be prescribed a specific diet by their physician that may limit salt, fat, sugar, or calories, as well as modifications in consistency such as soft, ground or pureed.
- A registered dietitian is available to address any patient concerns or questions.
- Guest trays are available for the guests of patients at a reasonable cost, payable to the cashier in the Cafeteria. This charge cannot be added to a patient’s bill.
- To order a guest tray, please notify the floor nurse one hour prior to meal service.
- Each guest tray will be delivered to the patient room with the patient’s meal.
Outside Food Services
- Since patient nutrition is closely monitored while in the hospital, it is important to notify the floor nurse if a patient wants to receive food or beverages from outside the hospital.
- Foods other than the prescribed diet may conflict with the physician’s orders for a patient or with the patient’s diet or medications.
Cafeteria & Vending Machines
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Patients are permitted in the Cafeteria with the permission of the attending physician.
- The Cafeteria is closed during non-meal times; however, a variety of vending machine food and beverages are available just outside the Cafeteria 24-hours a day.