What is JC Blair CARES?
No matter how much you invest in technology, machines, or equipment, your greatest asset is your people. When your employees are healthier and happier, your organization is healthier too. Sick time and absenteeism are reduced, while productivity and morale are enhanced.
JC Blair CARES is a comprehensive program, modeled after the PinnacleHealth CARES program, for area employers to help them best manage their employee health costs.
The program includes:
- Employee Physicals
- Drug & Alcohol Screening
- Worker's Compensation
- Biometric Screenings for insurance covered employees & spouses
- Employee health improvement initiatives & interventions
JC Blair’s Occupational Health program is designed to give employers more control over workers’ compensation costs and help ensure that minimum employee time is lost. The program also offers a variety of employee health services to keep your workforce healthy.
- Employee Physicals - Certified CDL, DOT & Non-DOT, Bus Driver, Annual, Executive, Return-to-Work, OSHA Mandatory
- Drug & Alcohol Screening - Urine, Breath Alcohol Testing, Hair & Saliva Analysis, Drug & Alcohol Consortium
- Vaccines - Influenza, Hepatitis A & B, Tetanus including TDAP, TB Testing (TST), lyme titre, others as requested
- Worker’s Compensation - Case Management, 24 Hour Illness/Injury Care, Restricted Duty Program, Return-to-Work Status Reports
JC Blair Occupational Health is conveniently located in the new Convenient Care Center in the Giant Plaza along Route 22 in Huntingdon. Clinic hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Walk-ins are accepted but appointments are preferred. Coordination with JC Blair’s Emergency Department provides after hours emergency care and drug testing.
Contact: Raeann Heaster, Office Manager & Medical Assistant
Medical Director: Jess Mosley, D.O.
Clinical Director: Sharon Stiver, MS, CRNP
JC Blair’s Workforce Wellness is a program delivered right to your workplace that helps you take care of your worksite family.
Regular screenings play an important role in the early detection of preventable diseases. We can tailor a screening to meet your specific needs.On-site screenings typically include:
- Blood pressure check
- Resting pulse assessment
- Glucose (blood sugar) level
- Full Lipid Profile (fasting) - triglycerides, HDL, LDL, total cholesterol
- Waist circumference
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- One-on-one education by healthcare provider
Our clinically trained screening professionals use the latest guidelines and testing protocols to not only screen each employee but also offer recommendations along with each individual’s screening results. We provide you with a detailed aggregate report summarizing the results of the group, as a whole, compared with state and national indicators. Also included is a description of what each indicator means and how it can be improved.
Based on these screening results, we can help you develop high quality, customized programs that focus on your workforce needs.
For additional information on JC Blair’s Workforce Wellness Program, please contact JC Blair CARES at 814.643.8482
Medical Care Management
Many employees lack relationships with primary care physicians and then choose higher cost providers when they need healthcare. Without a medical home with a primary care provider, chronic conditions and diseases often go undiagnosed and later become much larger expenses to manage.
- Increased employee productivity
- More controlled healthcare costs
- Decreased rates of illness and injuries
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Improved employee relations and morale
- Family Practice
- Internal medicine
- General Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Neurology/Sleep Medicine
- Wound Care