Update from CEO Adam Dimm
Dear Friend of JC Blair,
What a year this has been for J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital! We continue to make great progress on our vision – better care for our patients, better health for our community, and lower costs – with the support of our affiliate PinnacleHealth, now UPMC Pinnacle. Our biggest accomplishments of the year include:
- The opening of our new heart catheterization lab in May, a much needed service as evidenced by the more than 300 patients who have benefited from this new, life-saving service;
- The upgrade and expansion of our endoscopy suite, and the opening of a second suite, doubling our capacity for early screening and diagnosis of colorectal cancer and other digestive diseases;
- The addition of new physicians to our medical staff including general surgeon Darrell Pugh, DO; obstetrician/gynecologist Diane Adams, DO; cardiologist Medhat Zaher, MD, anesthesiologist Farag Atif, MD; orthopedic surgeon Robert Singer, DO; urologist Stephen Yanoshak; palliative care/internist Margaret Hallahan, DO, and pulmonologist Robert Gillio, MD.
With the addition of Dr. Gillio and the recent accreditation of our new low dose CT lung cancer screening program, this year’s plans include the development of the county’s first and only lung cancer screening program for smokers, enabling us to detect lung cancer at its earliest stages when it is most treatable.
Another goal for 2018 is to develop a cancer treatment program at J.C. Blair. We envision building a chemotherapy treatment program with a team of oncologists and care coordinators to create a seamless treatment program for our patients.
We know there are many uncertainties surrounding healthcare these days, but I want to assure you that our commitment remains the same – to do what is right for this community. Thank you for allowing us to be your trusted healthcare provider. We hope you will partner with us by making a year-end gift to the Foundation, as we continue to make great progress for our community.
Adam Dimm, President & CEO
J.C. Blair Health System, Inc.
Ways of Giving Anytime
Charitable giving helps us to ensure quality of life in Huntingdon County
Gifts of Cash: Cash gifts are as easy as writing a check. You may drop off or mail your gift to the Foundation at 1225 Warm Springs AVE, Huntingdon, PA 16652-2350.
Honor or Memorial Gifts: Sometimes, when you want to show someone how much you care, it can be difficult to find the right gift to express your feelings. Consider giving a commemorative gift. This gift doesn't come in a box and it isn't tied with a ribbon. Click here to learn how to make an honor or memorial gift.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities: Giving appreciated stock is an excellent way to support the hospital's programs. This type of gift usually qualifies not only for an income tax deduction associated with all charitable gifts, but also eliminates capital gains tax. For stock gift instructions please contact Linda Carpenter at 643-8889 or email@example.com.
Bequests: Naming the J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital Foundation in your will may enable you to make a significant contribution that might not be possible during your lifetime. Click here for sample bequest language.
Life Insurance Gifts: An often-overlooked asset that can be used to fund a gift is life insurance. You can name the foundation beneficiary of a policy that is no longer needed for its original purpose or you can buy a new policy for the foundation's benefit.
Charitable Gift Annuity: In addition to a tax deduction, this type of gift also guarantees you a fixed income for life, partially tax-free. The dollar amount that you will receive is determined by your age and the age of any other beneficiary you name at the time of the gift.
Charitable Remainder Trust: A "CRT" can provide you (and your spouse, if appropriate) lifetime income and cash flow, a current income tax deduction, and provide important endowment funds for the future healthcare of the community. At the same time, you avoid all capital gains and future estate taxes.
- Kate Fisher Blair Associates - Kate Fisher Blair Associates recognize those who give annually to J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital Foundation
- 1911 Legacy Society - The 1911 Legacy Society recognizes individual donors who have named J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital Foundation as a beneficiary of their estate either through a will, trust, or other deferred or life income charitable gift arrangement.
For more information on giving, you can contact the Foundation office at (814) 643-8889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We're prepared to work with donors and their attorneys or financial consultants to assist with philanthropic interests.