Commitment to Community
J.C. Blair's commitment to the Huntingdon County community stretches beyond the care provided inside the hospital walls. Through classes, health fairs, tours, job shadowing, internships, screenings, classes and events, J.C. Blair seeks to improve the health and health awareness of the community, as well as promote careers in health care. Check out our Upcoming Events for future programs.
Through community health education and outreach services this past year, J.C. Blair:
- Provided more than 1,000 free blood pressure screenings (over 800 at the Huntingdon County Fair alone!)
- Conducted lung screenings for smokers and those exposed to smoke
- Educated first time parents about childbirth and parenting
- Enrolled 200th student in Diabetes Self Management Education Classes
- Certified health care professionals and community members in CPR
- Taught 31 teenage babysitters safe babysitting techniques
- Facilitated Safe Kids Bike Safety Initiative - fit and gave away over 100 bike helmets to youth throughout the County
- Coordinated six bloodmobiles and donated nearly 200 units of blood
- Engaged nearly 200 employees of J.C. Blair, Juniata College, Mutual Benefit Group, Meadwestvaco & Rocco’s Morning Show listeners in a fitness challenge.